May 7, 2010

Race 1 Fontana Speedway March




lap 1 spin at corner 1.... so the season started! Cold, 50 degree weather and a big storm coming in. Another spin during the last lap of practice. The car runs well, the driver..... needs "tuning"!
Sat. morning warm up was COLD. It rained the night before and the track was sleepery. I did not trust the front tires. Too old, too hard. At over 150 on turn one they made me think twice and took the smile off my face. Got 2 new tires.
We grid for the race and the clouds got black. As we pull out of the pits, a few drops fell on my visor. By the half lap it was pouring and they red flagged the race.
Sunday morning we rushed to "race" yesterday's race. On the first warm-up lap one of the fast car up front accelerated with cold tires and went into the wall! Another red flag! This time it took a while to get the cars back into the grid. I got better, but off course had another spin. I was able to keep running and finished.
MAIN RACE. I had a blast, got more comfortable with the car and got the checker flag!
THANK YOU Julio Stoopen, Rich A, Carlos Doepking, Hector Cademartori and THE CREW CHIEF Frank ALVIS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment